When you are an affluent-seeming white man and you ask for things that don’t belong to you, sometimes you’re not really asking. It’s sort like Bill Clinton asking Monica Lewinsky to have sex with him. There’s a context behind the asking.
When you ask a serviceperson for something that doesn’t belong to you, there is often a subtext of, “If I complain to your manager, you know your manager is going to listen to me. Just look at me, and look at you.”
And sometimes, of course, this is not the case at all, and you’re just being a garden-variety annoying customer. Or a bully.
If you seem to be “getting everything you want,” you should probably examine whether you’re getting it at someone’s expense, or whether you’re just constantly, in small ways, making the world worse.
Go and read the article
I want girls to just be able to feel like they can do whatever the fuck they want. You can be really smart and really fun, and not be afraid to be funny. Girls forget that they have so many facets.Este Haim, the glorious patron saint of unapologetic women everywhere (via thatsthetrutru)
things i needed to hear in health class:
- puberty might make you squishier and its ok
- vaginas have a smell and it’s a ok
- all kinds of people with all kinds of bodies have gr8 sex
- genitals do not all look the same and variety is rad
- people have stretch marks sometimes
- people have pimples on their butts sometimes
- people have cellulite sometimes
- gender =/= sex
- sex =/= scary danger FEAR
- bodies aren’t scary or gross or sacred
- everything is ok
I think it’ll be easiest for me to link you to a few posts I’ve already done, okay?
- Why I believe Jesus wouldn’t shame people for having an abortion / why Christians should stop shaming people for having abortions
You’ll find a lot of a great information (plus stuff you can easily use for sources) at the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice. Also make sure you check out Catholics for Choice. Definitely take some time to go through those websites - they offer good information and they’re better to use as a source in your paper than just a simple Tumblr blog. :)
I really hope this helps; if you have any more questions, feel free to ask! Good luck with your paper!